The DMV: Data Matrix Viewer
This is an ISB goose, with a few useful features:
- Read and explore data matrix files in a simple tab-delimited
file format or a
- When microarray data are accompanied by a simple ISB-standard metadata file,
the DMV displays the experimental conditions for all available data, allowing
the biologist to select some or all data to explore. This choice is presented
in the left-most pane (see below).
- Once loaded, you get a spreadsheet-like view of the data.
- Other selections, or other files of data, will be loaded into new tabs.
- X-Y plots of any selected rows may be plotted, and will appear in yet
another new tab.
- Movies may be run, in which gene/expression values are broadcast to a selected
goose, one column at a time. Most commonly, the target goose is a Cytoscape network
view of the genes in the microarray experiment; the Cytoscape goose is configured to
interpret those expression values, and accompanying statistical measures (when avaialable)
to color and size the nodes in the network.
- Numerical matrices and gene lists, in addition to the movie data, can be broadcast to
or from the DMV.